The Office exercises supervision and control over all programs, projects and activities relative to the operation of the City General Services.
It enforces all laws and ordinances pertinent to the effective implementation of the management of supply, property, solid waste disposal and general sanitation of the city (RA 7160) and related laws.
Our office is committed to provide an excellent service management of the city’s property, supply, records and solid waste program, with efficient prompt and courteous personnel who are ready to serve and be in the frontline and a proud partner of the city government in promoting its growth and development.
We pledge a high degree of ethical standard in the delivery of our services to the public with the intent to preserve our integrity as a public servant.
We further pledge that we shall be accountable to our clients, the irigueños in the general in the performance of our functions, serving with utmost pride and dignity.
An efficient property custodian and solid waste Management office of the city government with prompt and courteous personnel who manage the city’s properties, supplies and records and effectively implement the ecological solid waste program of the government to support the total development of the city as a premiere Agro-Ecotourism Center in the Philippines.
- Our office is committed to provide an excellent service management of the city’s property, supply, records and solid waste program, with efficient prompt and courteous personnel who are ready to serve and be in the frontline and a proud partner of the city government in promoting its growth and development.
- We pledge a high degree of ethical standard in the delivery of our services to the public with the intent to preserve our integrity as a public servant.
- We further pledge that we shall be accountable to our clients the Irigueños in general in the performance of our functions, serving with utmost pride and dignity.
FUNCTIONS OF THE OFFICE
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities pursuant to Section 17 of the LGC of 1991 and which require general services expertise and technical support services;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with the general services supportive of the welfare of the inhabitants which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under the LGC of 1991.
In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the general services officer shall:
- Take custody of and be accountable for all properties, real or personal, owned by the local government unit and those granted to it in the form of donation, reparation, assistance and counterpart of joint projects;
- With the approval of the governor or mayor, as the case may be, assign building or land space to local officials or other public officials, who by law, are entitled to such space;
- Recommend to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, the reasonable rental rates for local government properties, whether real or personal, which will be leased to public or private entities by the local government;
- Recommend to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, reasonable rental rates of private properties which may be leased for the official use of the local government unit;
- Maintain and supervise janitorial, security, government public buildings and other real property, whether owned or leased by the local government unit;
- Collate and disseminate information regarding prices, shipping and other costs of supplies and other items commonly used by the local government unit;
- Perform archival and record management with respect to records of offices and departments of the local government unit; and
- Perform all other functions pertaining to supply and property management heretofore performed by the local government treasurer; and enforce policies on records creation, maintenance, and disposal;
Be in the frontline of general services related activities, such as the possible or imminent destruction or damage to records, supplies, properties, and structures and the orderly and sanitary clearing up of waste materials or debris, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters;
Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on all matters relative to general services; and
Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
1. GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES.
2. ARCHIVAL, RECORD AND DISPOSAL OF SUPPLY AND PROPERTIES.
3. MANAGEMENT OF SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL GARBAGE COLLECTION AND SANITATION.
4. CONSTRUCTION AND REHABILITATION OF FINAL DISPOSAL FACILITY(ECO PARK) MATERIAL RECOVERY FACILITY PURCHASE OF GARBAGE TRUCKS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT.
MAJOR FINAL OUTPUT
- Receives, Review, Records. Purchase request if in accordance with the procurement plan.
- Requisition of various government standard forms from national printing office and other entities.
- Purchase of office and janitorial supplies.
- Issuance of government standard forms.
- Supervising and control over the hired contractual workers assigned in the office.
- Registration of city owned vehicles with the LTO for the current year.
- Processing and payment of insurance premium for the government vehicles and government building.
- Issuance of government clearance.
- Receives incoming and outgoing communication internal and external.
- Preparation and submission of SALN.
- Preparation and submission of PDS,
- Attend to walked-in client.
- Preparation of voucher payment of the office travel / liquidation.
- Encoded all the reports of the office for submission to HRMO.
- Preparation of labor payroll for GSO and contractual employee.
- Maintains records of contractual employee.
- Processing of voucher and payroll of the office.
- Maintenance of the office work place.
- Preparations of payrolls, job orders, pass slip submitted to HRMO and maintain its records.
- Observation / Practice of officer of the day.
- Preparation of memorandum receipt for the purchased office equipment recorded of stock card.
- Preparation of inventory report of the office and consolidating of the inventory report physically inventoried of the inventory team and submission of the report to COA in the issuing year.
- Preparation of procurement plans of the office.
- Records review of annual procurement plans of different office.
- Conduct inventory of in-stock supplies.
- Maintained the records of the unserviceable properties / turned over to the office of the GSO for safe keeping.
- Records / releases clearance for government relief of accountability.
- Management of the city and barangays in the implementation of RA 9003.
- Management operation of final disposal facility (ECO PARK) regular pushing, compacting of disposed solid waste landfill materials.
- Operation maintenance of material recovery facility.
List of Requirements of Front Liners
1. For Voucher Claims
- a. approved purchase request.
- b. purchase request should be accordance with procurement plans.
- c. duly signed Purchase order / contract.
- d. Memo – Receipt for equipment with its corresponding serial numbers and brand name of the unit.
- e. Inspection Report.
- f. Xerox Copy of PO, PR, Inspection Report.
2. For business Permit / Garbage Clearance
a. garbage certificate.
3. For securing Clearance for Property accountability
a. approved clearance.
b. Transfer of Memo – Receipt or turn-over the property the office of CGSO
4. For requisition of accountable forms.
a. RIV forms must be signed by the requisitioning office / department and duly accounted with CBO and the office of the City Accountant.
In our way of promoting Iriga as a City of character and our desire for service excellence we sincerely adhere to the following values:
a. we speak the truth al all times.
b. we inform the people what they need to know
c. we submit accurate performance evaluation and reports.
a. we work hard to meet our goals.
b. we extend assistance beyond the people of our works.
c. we offer options and alternatives to meet our customer needs.
a. we accepts our mistakes and limitations.
b. we acknowledge other people’s ideas.
c. we are sensitive to other people’s needs.
a. we are determined to give excellent service amidst challenges.
b. we keep on working to attain what is being asked for.
c. we do our work without complaints and remain calm despite work crisis.
a. we recognized the right of others.
b. we give priority to people with special needs.
c. we give regard to our heritage and different cultural practices (patriotism).
a. we abide by existing policies and regulations.
b. we serve in a well-arranged and conducive work place
c. we wear our prescribed office uniform.